World
Trump says US will send 5,000 more troops to Poland
Donald Trump said on Thursday that the United States will send 5,000 additional troops to Poland.

President Donald Trump said on Thursday that the United States will send 5,000 additional troops to Poland. He made the announcement in a post on Truth Social, linking it to the victory of Poland’s current president, Karol Nawrocki, whom he said he had supported.
Trump links move to Nawrocki
“Based on the victory of the current President of Poland, Karol Naworcki, whom I had the honor of endorsing, and our relationship with him, I am pleased to announce that the United States will send 5000 additional troops to Poland,” Trump wrote. The post was published on the platform “Truth Social”.
Earlier US troop plan was scrapped
About a week earlier, the United States had announced that it was cancelling a plan to deploy 4,000 troops in Poland. That decision came as part of a reorganization of its forces in Europe after it said it would withdraw thousands of soldiers from Germany, according to Agence France-Presse at the time.
Asked about the cancellation during a congressional hearing, acting US Army Chief of Staff General Christopher Lanef said the commander of US European Command had been instructed to reduce forces. Lanef said the order came from the office of Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth.
Army testimony on the cancellation
US Army Secretary Dan Driscoll testified alongside Lanef and said the deployment was cancelled “two days ago.”





