Lebanon
Dozens Dead in Al-Taher Supply Route... Italian Warning on the Most Dangerous Mission
Iran faces a strategic dilemma as U.S. and Israeli elections loom, with operations in the Strait of Hormuz weakening Trump and actions in southern Lebanon strengthening Netanyahu. Italy is cautious about taking over the Al-Taher mission due to upcoming parliamentary elections.

For Iran’s good fortune, the U.S. elections are near; for its bad luck, the Israeli elections are near. Disrupting Iran in the Strait of Hormuz weakens Donald Trump, whereas hindering it in Lebanon—specifically in Al-Taher—strengthens Benjamin Netanyahu.
With this equation, a high-level Lebanese source told MTV the political and military landscape currently governing the region and Lebanon. Rome may soon take over one of the most sensitive files in southern Lebanon, but the Italian decision won’t be based solely on military calculations. The upcoming Italian parliamentary elections will be central to assessing any mission, potentially shaping its nature, limits, and timing.
On Sunday, Army Chief General Rudolph Hikkel arrived in Rome for a visit lasting until Wednesday, preceded by an introduction from President Joseph Aoun. The visit includes military meetings, notably with the Italian Army Chief, alongside non-military meetings expected to take place on Monday.
According to MTV information, Rome is carefully examining the Lebanese proposal in all its details—from required budget to potential risks for its forces. Lebanon has been clearly informed that Italy is proceeding with extreme caution regarding any move related to assuming responsibility for verifying the Lebanese Army’s operations in the south, fearing any decision or field development could impact the Italian parliamentary elections, particularly the ruling party.
Similarly, MTV learned that the preparatory conference for the army support conference will be held in Paris, involving President Joseph Aoun, French President Emmanuel Macron, and Jordan’s King Abdullah II.
MTV also learned from a military source that the proposal to hand over Al-Taher to the Lebanese Army has not reached a serious level, lacking guarantees of Israeli withdrawal and lacking genuine acceptance from Hezbollah regarding the idea, which has been under discussion for nearly two months. Sources close to Hezbollah told MTV that dozens of Hezbollah fighters have died during supply operations to sustain combatants stationed in Al-Taher with essential provisions.
Latest news

Israel hands over body of Lebanese man who died last year

North Korean Missile Enters Russian Front Line to Strike Deep Ukraine and Deplete 'Patriot' Defenses

Syrian-Israeli Meeting... What Did Al-Shibani and the Mossad Chief Discuss?


