World
Five individuals from Ireland, Britain, Spain, and Germany went on trial in Stuttgart on Monday for allegedly causing €1 million in damage at an Israeli defense company’s headquarters in Ulm. Prosecutors say the defendants, aged 25–40, stormed the premises, chanted pro-Palestinian slogans, and smashed office equipment, measuring devices, and windows. The group, identified as "Palestine Action Germany," later claimed responsibility in videos. Though the court did not name the company, media reports identified it as Elbit Systems. The trial, held under heavy security, is scheduled for over 12 sessions through July. The incident reflects a global rise in attacks on Jewish targets since the Gaza war began in October 2023.

A court in Stuttgart said five people appeared before it on Monday charged with causing one million euros ($1.17 million) in damage at the headquarters of an Israeli defense company in Germany.
The court quoted prosecutors as saying that the defendants, aged between 25 and 40, stormed the premises, chanted pro-Palestinian slogans, and smashed office equipment, measuring devices, and windows at the company located in the southern city of Ulm.
According to the charges against them, the defendants acted as members of the organization "Palestine Action Germany," which later published videos claiming responsibility for the attack.
Prosecutors said the defendants, whose names were not disclosed, are from Ireland, Britain, Spain, and Germany.
Media reported that the vandalized building belongs to the Israeli defense systems company Elbit Systems.
The company did not respond to a request for comment. The court did not say the attack in Ulm targeted Elbit Systems, but said that attacks carried out by the Palestine Action movement in 2024 had targeted the company.
Attacks on Jews and Jewish targets around the world have increased since the outbreak of the Gaza war in October 2023.
Officials said Monday's session was held in a heavily guarded facility at the court.
Stuttgart court previously said it had scheduled the hearing over more than 12 sessions until the end of July.